We advise you to read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will process and treat it. You agree to this Policy by using an AMURAI website or app, or by otherwise giving us your personal data. We will always respect your privacy rights as a customer, and we understand the importance of protecting the information given from you.
AGREEING TO THE POLICY
A. By Contacting AMURAI we may collect and process certain personal data which relates to you.
B. The Policy applies to any case where you contact us. It contains all the details and conditions of how we may collect, keep, use and save information that relates to you, as well as the choices that you have in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data.
C. By contacting us in any case, you admit that you have read and understood this Policy and agree to be bound by it and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You also admit that you have read and understood the Terms that apply to our Website and agree to be bound by them.
D. By contacting us you admit giving us permission to all processing of data as described in this Policy. You may withdraw your permission at any time, and request that we stop to process your data and/or delete it, although this will not affect the validity of any earlier processing. Please note that we may also process your personal data on other legal basis to ensure the good functioning of our website when you access it.
E. If you do not agree to this Policy or otherwise fail to provide some of the necessary personal data to us,
(1) you must not use our websites or apps or benefit from an AMURAI account and
(2) we may not be able to provide you with our goods and/or services.
SOURCES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
This Policy applies to the personal data that we have collected from you or about you from the following sources:
A. From AMURAI Websites or mobile sites and applications. Client-directed websites and mobile sites or applications operated by or for AMURAI, including sites that we manage under our own domains/URLs and pages that we administer on third party social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
B. E-mail, texts, and other electronic messages between you and AMURAI.
C. Other online or offline registration forms, for example, contests and promotions.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Depending both on (a) the services provided by AMURAI and used by you, as well as (b) the source from which originates the processed personal data and (c) your choices and configuration of your terminal (with respect to cookies and other tracers), the following personal data may be collected and processed by AMURAI.
A. Data communicated by you
When you Contact us, we may ask you to provide personal information such as:
(1) Your name,
(2) Post address,
(3) E-mail address,
(4) Telephone number,
(5) Payment details, including any bank account details,
(6) Your preferences and interests,
(7) Your date of birth
We use this information to set up and manage your personal account with AMURAI, your AMURAI account and/or any order that you may have placed or otherwise done with AMURAI, as well as to contact you. It is also used to better identify your preferences and wishes in relation to our Products we offer.
Personal data that is essential for us to fulfil the purposes that are described in this Policy is marked with an asterisk and/or underlined as required on our Website upon any contact you have with AMURAI. Should you not fill in these mandatory fields or otherwise provide us with this information, AMURAI may not be able to take care of your requests and/or provide you with the requested products and services. Other personal data you would communicate to us is purely optional and allows us to know you better and to improve our communications and services accordingly.
We may also collect data from publicly available sources, which shall be considered as data having been communicated by you.
When you initially provide or update your payment information, we may transmit it via an encrypted connection to a third-party payment processor. Such a delegation is justified in order to ensure compliance with security and legal standards.
We may use your E-mail address in order to send you our newsletter or other emails in relation to our Products, to inform you of any new Products or services that may be of interest to you. You may at all time request to stop receiving such Newsletters by following the link that is given at the end of each Newsletter. Should you wish to stop receiving other E-mails, you may inform us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you send us an E-mail, we may keep all information contained in the E-mail, especially in order to solve your inquiries or otherwise assist you.
B. Data collected in relation to the use of the websites or through E-mails
When you access, visit or browse the Website, or receive and/or answer to E-mails from us, the Web server automatically registers details of your access and actions. This includes information about your activity on and interaction with the Websites and/or E-mail, such as your IP address, your device or browser type, the webpage you visited before coming to the Websites and identifiers associated with your devices, as well as any log information. This information allows us to analyze how the Websites are being accessed and used, and to track performance of the Websites as well as of any service offered on or through the Websites.
Your devices may transmit location information to us, through the Websites. We use this information to customize, improve and protect the Websites. For example, we may use your location information to determine local language preferences, or to geotag a post or to present our closest point of sale.
We may propose hypertext links from our Websites to third-party websites or Internet sources. We do not control and cannot be held liable for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
All this information and data is collected automatically in particular through cookies and Web beacons (see below). We also use Google analytics (see below).
C. Data collected from a social network
When you permit a third-party social network (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to share information and data with us, we may receive any data that you publicly share on the social network as well as any information that is part of your profile or that you allow the social network to share.
YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR COOKIES PREFERENCES
In addition, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers.
Please note that if you block cookies, your experience on our Website may be impacted.
WE USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS
If you do not want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the data and information collected on you to:
(1) Offer you all functions of the Websites;
(2) Allow the correct execution of all functions of the Websites;
(3) Personalize your use of the Websites as well as enhance the Websites and all of its functions;
(4) Interact with you and answer any of your questions or remarks, including by notifying you of any changes in relation to our services and/or products;
(5) Answer as well as fulfil any contract with you, especially in relation to any products that you may have purchased or otherwise received, in particular through our customer service for repairs;
(6) Manage your AMURAI account and/or client account, including on our online shop to pass and/or manage any order, especially in order to offer you the best customer service and provide you with any information that you may request;
(7) Proceed to anti-fraud and blacklist management for any case in which a person has been implicated in fraud regarding our products, services or trademarks, essentially in view of allowing, modifying or refusing that person’s access to services or products as well any entry into a contact with AMURAI, and to communicate with and defend AMURAI’s rights before state authorities;
(8) With your consent or within the applicable rules and regulations, provide you with any information that could otherwise be useful or of interest to you, especially regarding new or other products as well as promotional opportunities and events, especially through newsletters, invitations and other publications;
(9) Take all required measures in relation to your online transactions, especially to prevent fraud and payment defaults.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We do not, as a matter of business practice, retain personal data longer than necessary for the purposes stated and to comply with legal requirements, unless otherwise agreed to by you. Your data may however be stored and/or archived for a limited period, which shall not exceed 10 years of time (unless legal obligations or regulations require or allow a longer retention period). At the end of the applied retention period, we shall delete your data without it being required that any further information be provided to you.
SHARE AND TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data shall be processed by AMURAI, and/or by any of its affiliates distributing AMURAI products and services. It may be transferred or otherwise shared with AMURAI and its affiliates distributing AMURAI products and services, for purposes of management and optimization of the customer relationship, as well as to send you information about the offers, news and events in the limits of your consent or applicable lawful grounds.
It may also be transferred in case of a reorganization of AMURAI, including merger, takeover, de-merger, and in general any reorganization operation.
Your personal data may also be transferred to the following third parties:
(1) Third party providers in relation to the services offered on the Websites, especially any IT service suppliers, consultants, providers of hosting and maintenance services of the Websites and any other third party processing personal data on our behalf, as well as any postal and payment service providers, to fulfil and execute any order that you have placed on or through the Websites, or more generally intervene in the context of your Reaching out to us.
(2) Third-party subcontractors, to provide you with the product, service or information you asked for, as well as any customer service, or for interest-based advertising based on the data collected from you and/or through your use of the Websites; such third parties include carriers as well as payment and fraud management service providers.
(3) Any person or entity required by law or judicial order: we may disclose your data to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our rights or prevent fraud or abuse. When we receive law enforcement or national security requests for information, we scrutinize such requests carefully, especially if they are vague, overbroad, or otherwise unlawful. And when legally permitted and reasonably possible, we may provide you with notice that your information is being requested. In any case, both the assessment of the request as well as the possibility to inform you of it are at our sole discretion and may not make us liable from a civil, criminal, or administrative point of view.
SECURITY MEASURES AND DATA PROTECTION
We apply strictly the principles of data protection by design and by default and implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to limit to the maximum the processing of your data as well as ensure its security. In particular, and by default, only personal data which are necessary for each specific purpose of the processing are processed by us and all accesses to your personal data are limited to what is required for the purposes detailed in this Policy.
Regarding specifically any payment transactions that are done with your payment details, they are encrypted using SSL technology.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data that you provide to us or that is otherwise collected on you, through our Websites. The following mechanisms give you the following control over your personal data.
Regarding Cookies and similar technologies: you can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being used, as mentioned above.
If you agree to receive information on offers, news and events of AMURAI you can indicate so through the relevant checkbox(es) located on the registration form(s).
If you decide that you no longer wish to receive such communications, you can subsequently unsubscribe as follows:
(1) By following the instructions provided in every emailing communication
(2) Through the CONTACT US page on the AMURAI web site
(3) Through your AMURAI account
(4) By contacting us at email@example.com
Please note that, even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from us, such as order or other transaction confirmations, notifications about your account activities (e.g., account confirmations, password changes, etc.).
You have the right to request access to or information about the personal data related to you which are processed by us. Should you have an AMURAI account, you can access, review, correct and update your personal data at any time by accessing such account on the Websites. Alternatively, in any case you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also have the right to request that we:
(1) Correct or erase your personal data or restricts the processing of your data;
(2) Transfer your personal data to a third-party; or
(3) Stop processing your personal data, for the case in which we rely on your consent and do not have another legal basis to continue processing your data.
(4) Stop using your personal data to build up your client profile; in this case you will no longer benefit from customized offers or services.
(5) Stop sending you information about our offers, news and events.
All access, correction and removal requests sent to email@example.com must include your contact details (phone number and email address). We may ask you for proof of identity (an official identification document including your photo, date and place of birth).
The request is free of charge unless your request is unfounded or excessive (e.g., if you have already requested such personal data multiple times in the last twelve months or if the request generates an extremely high workload). In such case, we may charge you a reasonable request fee according to applicable data protection legislation.
We encourage you to contact us if you feel your personal data has been mishandled or if we have failed to meet your expectations.
We may update this Policy occasionally. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Websites.
SWEDISH LAW APPLICABLE
This Policy and all matters arising out of or related to this Policy shall be governed by the substantive laws of Sweden, without regards to conflicts of laws and principles thereof.
Any controversy claim or dispute between you and us arising out of or relating to this Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Stockholm, Sweden, and each party hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction and venue of such Court.
For any question or request regarding your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.